U.S. ACGME and International MD and DO Applicants
- Application Deadline: Check back for due date
- Applications accepted through ERAS only
International Graduate Information
The SIU Family Medicine Residency Program, Quincy welcomes applications from US and International Medical Graduates. We appreciate the diversity various training experiences and cultural backgrounds provide our "family" of Resident Physicians.
To simplify your application process, we have developed certain guidelines that help us to maintain the excellent academic standards we have set for our training program.
Applicants must have:
- Graduated from medical school after 04/2022
- Twelve months of hands-on clinical experience in the U.S.
- Passed both Step 1 and Step 2 on the first attempt
- Passed CS on the first attempt
- Two letters of recommendation from those who supervised your education and clinical activities
- Applications are accepted through ERAS Only.
Salary and Benefits
|Sports Medicine Fellow||$68,600||$8,500|
- Malpractice Insurance
- Health, dental and Vision Insurance: Provided for resident and dependents at a low cost
- Term Life Insurance: Provided in an amount equal to the resident's gross annual salary
- Disability Insurance
- Professional Dues:
- Membership dues for the AAFP and IAFP (all resident physicians)
- Membership dues for AOA and ACOFP (D.O. resident physicians)
- Fours Weeks Vacation/Sick Leave
- Educational Leave: one week per year
- *The program may require that the resident use a small portion of the educational reimbursement of mandatory educational experiences (i.e. ACLS, PALS, NRP, ALSO, etc.)
- Information Technology Package: laptop computer and cable or DSL high speed internet access
- Access to software resources: UpToDate, Essential Evidence Plus, Dynamed, Info-Retriever, and others.
- Lab Coats: three lab coats provided for each resident
- Lunch provided during afternoon educational sessions
- On Call Stipend
- 1st Year - $400
- 2nd Year - $200
- 3rd Year - $200
- Chief Resident: additional $4,000 salary (divided between 2 residents)
Our Hospital Partner
Blessing Hospital and the former St. Mary's Hospital sponsored the SIU Quincy Family Medicine Residency from 1979 until 1993. Blessing Hospital now operates both hospital campuses and continues as the sole sponsor of the residency program.
Blessing Hospital is a 340-bed facility, which in 2015, added a $70 million patient care addition – the Moorman Pavilion. The Blessing Hospital 11th Street Campus has served the people of the Quincy area since 1875. This campus is a 340-bed health care facility in which acute medical services are concentrated, including medical, surgical, pediatric, obstetric, emergency care, skilled nursing, and rehabilitation. This includes all intensive care units, coronary care unit, Level II trauma center and poison control center.
Policies and Guidelines
- Blessing Hospital procedure privileging
- Duty hours
- Fatigue back-up
- Overall goals and objectives
- Supervision at SIU Center for Family Medicine – Quincy and East Adams Clinic
- Supervision at Blessing Hospital
- When you must contact attending
- Resident Handbook
- SIU Medicine Library resources
- Key resources
- Board certification