Selected applicants are invited to visit the SIU School of Medicine campus in Springfield for admissions interviews. This is the last step in the admissions process before a final decision is made on your file. The day offers us a chance to get to know you better and to gauge your identification with the mission and goals of this institution. It also allows you to see our facilities, speak with faculty and students, and determine whether SIUMED is a good fit for you.
While on campus, you will interview with two faculty members. One of the two interviewers will be a member (current or former) of the Admissions Committee. This person will have access to your complete admissions application; your other interviewer will be a member of the faculty who is not on the Admissions Committee. He or she will have only necessary biographical information and your supplemental application essays at the time of the interview.
Also involved in the campus visit is a presentation by a member of the Admissions Committee, a student-led tour of the campus, and a chance to meet with a financial aid adviser.
Quick facts about interviews at SIU School of Medicine:
- Interviews typically begin mid-August and conclude at the beginning of March.
- Annually, the Admissions Office coordinates approximately 300 interviews.
- Applicants interviewed can expect to receive a decision approximately four weeks after their interview.
- Never be late.
- Dress appropriately and professionally.
- Be prepared to ask questions of your interviewer, students, and staff.
- There may be idle time during the day. Bring something to keep yourself occupied.
- SIU School of Medicine - Welcome Session
- SIU School of Medicine - Financial Aid Session
- SIU School of Medicine - Medical Library Tour
- Hotels Near SIU School of Medicine
- Memorial Center for Learning and Innovation (MCLI) Tour