Borrow and Renew
- SIU faculty, staff, students, and residents may borrow library materials. Items must be picked up by the account holder.
- Current identification or appointment cards must be presented at the Circulation Desk.
- Registered users have borrowing and renewing privileges in the Medical Library Catalog as well as the statewide I-Share catalog.
- Online borrowing is not available from the Medical Library catalog but renewing of materials is allowed.
- Renewals are permitted, if no other user has requested the materials.
- A recall may be placed on circulating materials at a user's request. Materials may be recalled to the Library at any time, usually after the first four-week loan period.
Loan Periods for Library Materials
Type of Material
|Journals||Library use only|
|Reference Books||Library use only|
|Reserve Materials||1 week|
For Items from another library obtained through Interlibrary Loan (not through I-Share):