Poster printing service
The Medical Library provides poster printing services to SIU patrons affiliated with departments that have paid the annual subscription fee ($175/year).
- Poster Printing Services are offered Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Posters submitted after 4:30 p.m. will be printed on the next business day.
- Send posters to email@example.com with your name, department, and preferred poster size OR bring a copy to the library on a flash drive. The preferred file format is PowerPoint. If other software is used, please submit as a PDF.
- Check out our posters and presentations guide to find templates and tips for creating posters. If you need further assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 217-545-2113. We also offer classes on creating posters in PowerPoint.
- Posters can be printed in various sizes, but our paper rolls are 36 inches wide, so one side cannot be longer than 36 inches. (For example, a poster could be 36x48 but cannot be 48x48 because one side must be 36 inches or less).
- PowerPoint's maximum length for a slide is 56 inches. To get a larger poster, make the PowerPoint slide half the desired printed size. For example, to make a poster 36 in. x 72 in., make the PowerPoint slide 18 in. x 36 in. We will print the poster at 200% for a final size of 36 x 72.
- If the poster is less than 36 inches, the requester will need to trim the edges.
- Posters are printed on a first-come-first-served basis and are usually printed the same day they are submitted.
- Please allow for a 24-hour turn-around time in case of a large number of print jobs.
- The library does not laminate posters.
Terms of service:
Poster printing services are for academic and clinical purposes only. Medical Library staff will not design posters or make changes to design elements beyond spelling or grammatical errors if noticed. It is the poster submitter’s responsibility to review their poster for content errors, ensure it is formatted correctly, and verify all content is copyright compliant before it is printed. We reserve the right to deny poster reprints beyond 3.
Click here for poster templates.