Borrow and Renew
- SIU faculty, staff, students, and residents may borrow library materials. Items must be picked up by the account holder.
- Current identification or appointment cards must be presented at the Circulation Desk.
- Registered users have borrowing and renewing privileges in the Medical Library Catalog as well as the statewide I-Share catalog.
- Online borrowing is not available from the Medical Library catalog but renewing of materials is allowed.
- Renewals are permitted, if no other user has requested the materials.
- A recall may be placed on circulating materials at a user's request. Materials may be recalled to the Library at any time, usually after the first four-week loan period.
- To renew books a personal VuFind account must be created. See VuFind Account Creation.
To renew items:
- Access your Library VU Find account to renew items.
- If you are unable to renew an item online, call the Circulation Desk at 217.545.2122 or stop by in person.
- See our guide on Borrowing and Renewing for more information.
Loan Periods for Library Materials
|Type of Material||Loan Period|
|Journals||Library use only|
|Reference Books||Library use only|
|Reserve Materials||1 week|
For Items from another library obtained through Interlibrary Loan (not through I-Share):
Contact the Interlibrary Loan Department: