How we serve students
It is our goal that students connect with the SIU SOM campuses and consider them “home” for many years to come. But we don’t wait until students graduate to serve them! The Office of Alumni Relations and the SIU SOM Alumni Society support many events and programs that benefit students the day they step onto campus.
We support activities such as:
- Events with Alumni
- Exam snack breaks
- White coats presented to students at White Coat Ceremony
- Winter Ball, a social event for medical students
- Membership at the Springfield YMCA for each student, including his or her immediate household
- Opportunities for students and alumni to connect, including dinners
- HOSTS (Helping Our Students to Succeed) program—coordinated through our office; alumni host fourth-year students while interviewing for their residencies throughout the United States
- SCOPE magazine support (SCOPE is a literary/art magazine printed each year by SIU SOM in which students and alumni can enter submissions)
The Office of Alumni Relations and the SIU SOM Alumni Society support the Student Resource Fund (SRF), which was established by the Alumni Society Board of Governors to enhance the student experience by funding educational and social needs (through activities and services like those listed on this page) that cannot be met through other funds. The sole source of funds into the SRF are contributions from alumni and friends.
STUDENTS AND ALUMNI ARE ALWAYS WELCOME TO VISIT US!!
Office of Alumni Relations – 409 W Calhoun, Springfield, Illinois (directly N of 801 N Rutledge)