Founded in 1978, the Alumni Society includes all MDs, residents, and fellow graduates of the School of Medicine. Governance is vested in a Board of Governors composed of 20 alumni members plus ex-officio members representing the School's key units, including the Student Assembly.
We have 3,094 SIU School of Medicine Alumni, 2,342 graduates in practice, and 943 (43%) practicing in 68 Illinois counties.
SIU School of Medicine also includes 3,040 residents and fellow alumni.
The Alumni Society's mission is to provide an official organization through which its members, as well as the faculty, staff, students and residents of the School of Medicine, may maintain professional and personal relationships to the mutual benefit of the members of the alumni society and to the school.
Alumni Society's purpose is to support the School's mission and vision by engaging its members and the faculty, staff, students, and residents of the School of Medicine by:
- maintaining professional and personal relationships promoting fellowship to the mutual benefit of the members of the Alumni Society and the School
- expressing to the School alumni special interests regarding the operation of the School of Medicine
- seeking financial gift support from Alumni by encouraging members to make and assist with seeking private and government gifts
- supporting the public relations programs by acting as a voice for alumni
- encouraging alumni work with the School in the planning and production of alumni reunion programs and other special social events
- promoting the welfare of the School on a state and national level through the legislative process
- providing an organization through which alumni and the School can work mutually in the placement of graduates
Current Board of Governors
Board of Governors Nomination Information
Distinguished Alumni Nomination Information and Past Award Recipients
Alumni Society Board of Governors meeting minutes
October 17, 2022
May 9, 2022
October 25, 2021
May 10, 2021
November 2, 2020
July 13, 2020
November 4, 2019
May 6, 2019
October 29, 2018
May 7, 2018
October 30, 2017
April 24, 2017
October 17, 2016