Our mission is to provide high-quality, compassionate emergency care by inspiring and training future emergency physicians and healthcare partners.
Our Mission is to develop great emergency physicians.
We do this by:
• Training compassionate emergency physicians
• Developing skilled educators
• Preparing the Leaders of Tomorrow
What’s the impact of our graduates?
• About 30% stay in central Illinois; the rest are practicing in diverse
urban, community and rural environments across the country.
• Many of our graduates hold leadership positions as medical directors,
residency program directors, assistant program directors and
• Our unique community-based medical school partnership with two
large level I trauma centers provides a robust patient population to
train our medical students and residents.
• The Memorial Center for Learning & Innovation (MCLI) combines the
latest technology in simulation, surgical skills, and didactic learning to
help our residents train smarter.
• As we look to the future, we know that our department will continue
to have a great impact on emergency medicine across our region and
• We are actively recruiting for additional faculty expertise in Pediatric
Emergency Medicine, Emergency Medical Services, and Ultrasound.
• It’s a great time to become part of the SIU Emergency Medicine team!