With your donation, our scientists can move closer to finding cures and saving lives.
SIU School of Medicine is dedicated to discovery-based, cutting-edge research that contributes to innovative advances in the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of medical diseases. The pursuit of these advances requires significant financial support for reagents and equipment to perform the experiments. In addition, the promise for future medical advances relies on the training of our next generations of biomedical researchers. Your financial support will help our scientists continue to provide the hope that research brings for current and future patients – every gift makes a difference! Some examples of what donations can support include:
Some examples of what donations can support include:
- $250 - helps sponsor a student to present their research at a national science meeting.
- $500 - helps support travel for collaborative efforts with external research laboratories.
- $1000 - helps offset in-house facility expenses for common procedures such as gene expression analyses, imaging of cells and tissue samples, isolation of unique cell types from samples.
- $2500 - helps purchase routine research reagents for a student’s project ~3 months.
- $5000 - provides support for large-scale exploratory gene expression studies and data analyses that could lead to new discoveries.
- $10,000 or more – provides support for vital research equipment purchases in the Department, provides partial scholarship support for graduate students for a year.
Options for endowed naming rights of research initiatives and training programs are possible. Please contact us to discuss these options.
Your contribution enhances SIU School of Medicine’s mission to optimize the health of the people of central and southern Illinois through education, patient care, research and service to the community..
Thank you for your support!