Change in Library Hours
As with academic libraries throughout the country, the SIU Medical Library staff will begin working remotely on Friday, March 20th, until further notice. Students, faculty, residents and staff with 24/7 access will continue to have use of the public library space, including bathrooms, study rooms, coffee maker and refrigerator. Public patrons will not be permitted access to the Medical Library until further notice.
We will continue offering virtual services and resources for students, faculty, and staff via firstname.lastname@example.org (M-F from 8am-5pm) and through e-mail links on our website at http://www.siumed.edu/lib. If you need anything, please ask!
- CAVE: If you need assistance in the CAVE, please let us know as soon as possible. We are hoping to complete all requests by this Thursday, March 19th. In addition to CDC/IDPH social distancing recommendations, we are working to keep the room sanitized. The Library staff has prepared a 3 minute tutorial (including screenshots) for faculty on how to record your presentation in PowerPoint, from your desktop: (http://libguides.siumed.edu/c.php?g=312313&p=2088111. If you need further assistance, please e-mail email@example.com
- CARD CATALOG: The library catalog can be found here, including all our electronic resources. Please note I-Share requests have been suspended. Because of this circulation services are limited. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you need something urgently.
- RESOURCES: Our Key Resources page can be found here including access to PubMed, Clinical Key, and Harrison’s.
- ARTICLES: Articles from our databases are accessible via searches from the E-Journals A-Z List or using the Citation Linker.
- ILL: Interlibrary Loan Service has become spotty and statewide library deliveries have been suspended. We will do our best to obtain material for you, but please be patient. Our interlibrary loan forms and e-mail can be found here.
- If you are unable to find what you are looking for, please e-mail email@example.com so we can assist you.
We appreciate your patience during this time and will do our best to respond to requests. Everyone take care!