Come visit us!
Your interview day will be relaxed and enjoyable; you will be paired with a current resident to serve as your personal tour guide and by the end of the day we will do our very best to answer all of your questions fully and honestly. We look forward to meeting you!
All applications must be submitted through ERAS. We offer seven positions each year.
Minimum requirements for consideration:
- Completion of the ERAS application
- 2-3 letters of recommendation
- Dean's letter
- Medical School transcripts
- USMLE/COMLEX Step 1 & 2 scores
- Current ECFMG (if applicable, not required at time of interview)
- We prefer a recent graduation date. If an applicant did not graduate this academic year, they must demonstrate significant clinical experience since graduation.
The Pediatric Residency program does accept foreign medical graduates. However, the department does not currently sponsor H-1b VISAs.
Inquiries may be forwarded to the Residency Program Coordinator:
Pediatric Residency Office
SIU School of Medicine
PO Box 19635
Springfield, IL 62794-9635