All 2023-2024 interviews will be conducted online via Zoom.
All applications must be submitted through ERAS no later than December 1, 2023. All applications are considered without regard to race, religion, gender, or national origin. However, applicants must satisfy certain requirements for consideration:
- Three or more letters of recommendation - Pediatrics
- Dean's letter / MSPE
- Medical School transcript
- Passing score on USMLE / COMLEX Step one and two in no more than two attempts
- Current ECFMG certification (if applicable, not required at time of interview)
- Recent graduation date. If a candidate graduated more than two years ago, they must show significant pediatric hands-on clinical experience since graduation date.
The Pediatric Residency program does accept foreign medical graduates. However, SIU and its affiliated hospitals do not, as a matter of policy or practice, sponsor residents/fellows for H visas or benefits. We do sponsor J-1 visas. Please visit https://www.siumed.edu/gme/international-medical-school-graduates for more information regarding Visas.
Please send any questions to our program coordinator.