- About Us
- Patient Care
Janet Patterson, MD, Program Director
Jody Lack, MD, Associate Program Director
Michelle Miner, MD, Associate Program Director
Annelisa Herter & Jackie Ackerman, Program Coordinators
Pediatric Residency Office
SIU School of Medicine
PO Box 19658
Springfield, IL 62794-9658
- Provide educational experiences to develop the knowledge, attitudes and clinical skills to provide exceptional, evidence based clinical care with an emphasis on the initial evaluation of patients from a large referral base, of rural and semi urban settings.
- Provide the professional foundation for becoming a committed, compassionate and clinically effective advocate and leader in the care of children, through mentoring and collaborative learning with a diverse, “hands on” and committed faculty.
- Facilitate the utilization of interprofessional teams for seamless transitions of care with emphasis on shared decision-making, patient safety, and honesty in communication.
- To provide a just culture, emphasizing and encouraging collaborative care that builds on each team member’s strengths while accommodating for individuality, and promoting a learning environment that supports physician and team well-being.
- Promote an individualized career path to meet the unique educational needs of each resident and provide opportunities for meaningful scholarly projects in clinical care, advocacy, education or quality improvement.
- To provide procedural opportunities to develop appropriate skills necessary for each chosen career path.